Monday 14 April 2014

Muscari Malarkey



Muscari ......Also known as Grape Hyacinth - a small spring flower, most commonly blue.

Malarkey ......Meaningless nonsense - one of my top ten favourite words of all time.


Source:tiny white daisies

At this time of the year, when the sun isn't always shining, it is a joy to see the gorgeous  Muscari flower......


Source:unknown sorry!

This blue bubble on a stalk can be planted in the garden 


source: my own

But is often potted up, to make perfect spring gifts......


Source: pictureperfectforyou

Or simply added to any table setting ......


Source:Zsa Zsa Bellagio



Source:The gift of life


Source: Unknown sorry!


Not so common in the UK, Muscari are also available in white......


Source:Tiny white daisies

Quite lovely - so catch them if you can!

Lizx











3 comments:

  1. I adore Muscari Liz, and the few that I planted a few years ago in my garden have spread like mad! Love the white variety…..on my list for Autumn planting now!

    Have a lovely week,

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just admiring the blue ones at my local garden store this weekend. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty blooms!! I planted the white ones and they only came up once. I'm gonna try the lavender-blue ones which might be hardier. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete